Tuesday, March 31, 2009

St. George

This last weekend Michael and our friend Adam rode in the Tour of Saint George. We left Friday morning the 27th around 8am. Esther handled the drive pretty well. She got a little fussy toward the end but I don't blame her. Michael's parents were so excited for us to come and to see Esther. And Esther is always excited when anyone dotes on her. The race was on Saturday. It was a 100 miles of beautiful St. George. We were supposed to meet Michael and Adam at the finish between 1:30-2:30pm. Michael's parents, Esther and I got there around 1:40. Michael or Adam were not there yet so we walked down the street and back. Then Esther ate a few gram crackers. She was using the wet wipe to cleaning herself up. Still no Michael. It was starting to get hot so we then played in the water fountain. Esther was getting tired and wasn't so sure about the water fountain. We waited till 3:15 and still no Michael or Adam. By this point Esther was really tired so we decided to go home and put her down for her nap. As soon as we walked in the door my phone range, it was Adam. He just finished the race but got separated from Michael and was wondering if I had seen him. I explained that we had waited but never did see Michael, I was a little worried at this point. Adam said he would get in the car and back track and see if he could see him and then call me. Adam texted me about 20 min later that Michael was still going and was about 45min from the finish. I guess it was a little harder than he thought. Michael finished about 4:15. He said that the first 60 miles were fun and the last 40 were brutal. Over all they had a good time. The trip was short but worth it. We all had a great time and already miss the nice weather.



No comments: