Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not what one wants in their kitchen

This is what I found in our kitchen Monday night, yes a scorpion. The joys of living in Arizona. It was around 10pm or so, I was walking into our very dim lit kitchen heading toward the pantry when I saw something on the floor. At first I thought it was a piece of paper left by the kids and just as I was about the step over it my brain kicked in. I stepped back taking a closer look and it was exactly what I was hoping to never come across in my kitchen, a scorpion. It was about 2in long which the smaller they are the more poisonous they are. I quickly ran up stairs to get Michael. We both headed back down stairs with Michael having a shoe in his hand. With one quick Whack that was the end of the scorpion. Since then we have found 2 large dead cockroaches, one in the kitchen and one in the front room. The next day the bug man was called; he just finished spraying. It still creeps me out.


No comments: