Monday, February 27, 2012

New backyard

Old Backyard
New backyard


It has taken us a year but we finally have a backyard we can enjoy. We put the sod in on Saturday so it will be a couple of week before we can really enjoy it. Next we will plant 2 orange trees, one lime tree, build garden boxes and put in a swing set for the kids. I love looking out the window now, it makes me happy and not depressed. I am looking for the day when I can say, go outside and play. We are also planning on putting a fence around the pool, in case you were worried.

2 comments:

Presley & Charlotte Gleason said...

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! That fresh grass is seriously making me want to fly out there and just lay in it! I miss grass, winter is getting old here. And do I need to even mention my jealousy over the pool???????? Remember our big plans of buying the house between us and I wanted a pool and Mike (your hub) didnt? Dang it! Now you guys are total Sunshine and water hahaa and we kinda have to avoid the pool scene with stoma's and such! (good thing our plan never fell into place hahaaaa!) I so love your home out there and though I miss you tons, Im so grateful for your blog and being able to see how amazing things are there and you guys living and loving life in the desert! LOVES!!!!!!!!!

Carrie Hellewell said...

Man. We've been here over two years now and I still cringe when I look outside. Even worse, it will most likely be NEXT year until we do anything about it. I will live vicariously through you.